This post on popcorn recipes is written by me as a member of the Netflix Stream Team. All opinions are my own.
Family movie night is a regular thing in our house thanks to Netflix. We’re either streaming something or watching the latest movies on DVD. Of course, no family movie night would be complete without whipping up one of our favorite popcorn recipes! Today, I want to share with you a recipe for Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn!
While I love plain, salted popcorn recipes, I also like to mix it up. One of our favorite popcorn recipes is simply cheese powder, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper. But for a fun twist on traditional popcorn recipes, we’re adding fresh rosemary, garlic, Parmesan cheese and butter this time!
While I use popcorn prepared in a cast iron dutch oven in this recipe, you can also safely make popcorn with a hot air popper. I don’t recommend ever using microwave popcorn. Microwave popcorn is toxic and should always be avoided!
After you’ve popped up one of your favorite popcorn recipes, sit down with your family for family movie night and stream your favorite show or movie on Netflix!
Popcorn Recipes: Savory Rosemary, Garlic & Parmesan Popcorn
- Put the popcorn kernels and palm shortening into a 5-quart cast iron dutch oven. Alternatively, you can use a pan like this that is designed for popping corn.
- Put the lid on the dutch oven and turn the stove on high (it must be on high or the kernels won’t pop completely).
- Wearing oven mitts, shake the pan oven every 10-15 seconds, being careful the lid stays on tight, then place back on the burner. Repeat until the popcorn stops popping.
- Pour your popcorn into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt your pastured butter over low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the in the minced rosemary and garlic. Saute for about 1-2 minutes, or until your garlic is slightly brown.
- While it’s still warm, pour the butter mixture over your popcorn, then toss to combine.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over your popcorn, then salt to taste.
- Enjoy your Savory Rosemary, Garlic & Parmesan Popcorn while streaming your favorite movie or TV show on Netflix!
What are some of your family’s favorite popcorn recipes to eat while streaming Netflix?
Feature image © Deposit Photos / bhofack2