Last Updated on
Do you love making homemade cleaning products? Then you’ll love this DIY natural shower cleaner. It’s easy to make and works great for tubs and tile too.
I’m so glad you made it to check out my homemade shower cleaner recipe! You’re going to love the results it gives you!
Confession time. I have never been a huge fan of cleaning the bathroom, probably because it usually entails scrubbing with and inhaling strong, unappealing chemical smells that make me sick to my stomach.
You’d think they’d work great given the awful chemical smell. However, I find store bought cleaners do not even clean the build up in my shower stall very well at all.
Have you had the same experience?
I just can’t stand the smell of chemical cleaners anymore, so I’ve been switching to all natural cleaners. I finally created a recipe for a Homemade Shower Cleaner that works great for the tub and tile too!
It uses much safer ingredients and it’s scented only with quality essential oils – so you get a little aromatherapy while you’re scrubbing away.
I can’t honestly say it’s any more fun cleaning the bathroom using my homemade shower cleaner that works, but it sure is much easier. It comes out cleaner and I am no longer ready to pass out from the fumes. That is a big win in my cleaning book!
To make your own homemade shower cleaner, you just need a few simple supplies and you too will have sparkly clean sanitized surfaces in your tub and shower!
Are you ready to get started?
Homemade Shower Cleaner
- Mixing spoon
- In a wide mouth container combine baking soda, peroxide, castile soap, and essential oils, stirring well.
- You can use a small brush that fits in your palm but I like to use a long handled dish brush for scrubbing the shower, it makes it easier to reach the higher areas and I don’t have to bend over quite so far, putting pressure on my back.
- Dip brush in mixture to coat well, scrub anywhere there is build up, mildew or spots.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Scrub again and rinse away.
- Repeat as needed for stubborn build up.
- You'll want to make a fresh batch each time you need to use it. I would not try to make it ahead and store indefinitely. This is one natural cleaner that works better fresh.