When I spent a summer traveling around Asia through college, I fell in love with Japanese culture. After I graduated, I was supposed to teach English in Japan, but chickened out after I got a marketing job.
One thing I always loved while we were in Japan was green tea ice cream. I'd previously never had it, and I find it rare to come across it in the US unless you're at a Japanese restaurant.
And since I recently received a container of Kiva Organic Stevia to review. This non-GMO stevia is a blend of high purity stevia extract with erythritol (e-ryth-ri-tol), a naturally-occurring, calorie-free sugar alcohol found in fruits and vegetables.
Dairy + Sugar Free Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 can full fat organic coconut milk, pre-refrigerated
- 1 can's worth of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons quality matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator until mixture is cold, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker (I use this ice cream maker) and allow to churn for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the soft ice cream to a glass container and place in the freezer for about 2 hours for it to finish hardening.
- Be careful eating this ice cream too late at night as it does have caffeine it it. You can also use it to blend up matcha green tea lattes in the mornings that are sugar free!
Have you ever tried green tea ice cream?
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.