Looking for an awesome way to upcycle wine corks for Christmas crafts? Learn how to make this easy DIY Wine Cork Snowflake Christmas Tree Ornament.
During the holidays, we tend to accumulate wine corks when we have get togethers. Rather than toss them, I prefer to come up with fun ideas of how to upcycle them creatively.
If you have a handful of wine corks, you have the makings of a sweet and simple wine cork snowflake ornament. Make your own DIY wine cork snowflake ornament when you give this simple tutorial a try. In no time, you can have a Christmas ornament perfect for adorning your tree or even giving as a gift.
Take a look below to learn how to make your own upcycled wine cork snowflake Christmas tree ornament. Give this easy holiday craft a try and see how simple it can be to turn used wine corks into something festive and fantastic!
How to Make a Wine Cork Snowflake Christmas Ornament
- 2-3 wine corks - buy in bulk here
- Ribbon - for hanging
- White craft paint
- Sharp serrated knife
- Cutting Board
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Begin by cutting your wine cork into fourths. Using a serrated knife will make this job easier. Carefully saw the cork until you have 4 pieces. Repeat the process until you cut up four corks or have about 13 discs.
- You can now prepare to assemble your discs into the snowflake shape. Begin by creating a daisy shape. Place one disc in the center and build 6 discs around it. Just add glue to where the discs meet and press together until dry and secure. Next, you want to build off of the daisy shape. Glue another disc to the disc you just adhered. You will notice the snowflake shape now taking place. Continue to press the discs together until secure.
- Add a little white paint to the cork discs, skipping every other disc so the snowflake has a white and natural color to it. It also lends itself to a distressed look. To finish up, all you need to do is add your ribbon for hanging. Simply cut a length of ribbon and glue it to the back of the ornament. Your wine cork snowflake ornament is now ready to be displayed!