Are you looking for a map ornament tutorial that's fast & fun? This Mason Jar Ring Map Ornament uses simple supplies to create a unique Christmas ornament!
I love homemade Christmas ornaments. So much love goes into making them, that I prefer them over store bought ornaments any day.
Our family loves to travel all over the place. For the most part, we go on road trips rather than flying since our kids are younger, and it works really well for us.
We have come to love lots of different areas, and I know we will continue to discover many more in the years to come. I thought it would be fun to make some mason jar ring map ornaments to highlight some of our favorite cities.
While we were making them, I got to thinking they would make a great gift for lots of different people:
- Friends or family who love to travel
- Friends or family who have moved from another city, state or country
- Friends or family who dream of visiting a particular city, state or country
- To bundle with a trip you're gifting to a loved one
- And of course yourself!
You can use vintage maps you find in storage or at a thrift store. If you can't find the perfect one, you can always Google state or country maps to print out the one that will be perfect for your recipient.
Besides the map, all you need are a few simple supplies. The only thing I didn't have on hand was pink puffy paint. I love crafts that I don't have to spend a lot of money on!
If you make a Mason Jar Ring Map Ornament this year, I'd love to hear how it turned out!
Mason Jar Ring Map Ornament Tutorial
- Loop a piece of twine through the lid ring and tie the ends into a knot.
- Trace the outside of your lid onto your map around your city of choice.
- Cut the circle out carefully with scissors.
- Glue the map circle carefully into the back of your lid ring (you might need to trim a little extra off around the edge of the circle).
- Turn your ornament over to the front and use your puffy paint to draw a small heart over the dot of your favorite city.
- Allow your mason jar ring map ornament to dry overnight.
Which city will you highlight in your Mason Jar Ring Map Ornament?
Pin this post to your Christmas or Travel board!