Learn how to make the best Coffee Scrub for smooth skin in this simple 4-ingredient DIY beauty recipe. In addition to exfoliating, this scrub can help reduce inflammation and the appearance of cellulite.
It’s great for all skin types, including dry skin and acne prone skin. See tips for how to use it and the benefits for your skin under this tutorial.
DIY Coffee Scrub Recipe
- Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl, then stir with a whisk or fork until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- After you've mixed the ingredients, transfer your coffee scrub to a glass container with a tight fitting lid and store in a cool, dry place.
Questions About Making & Using Coffee Scrubs
Why should I use it?
This coffee scrub has many benefits for skin. It can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite (try this cellulite cream after exfoliating) and reduce the incidence of acne.
What do the ingredients do for my skin?
- Coffee. Knowing how well coffee can get you up and moving, it makes sense it could do the same thing for your skin! The caffeine in coffee perks tired skin up, improves circulation and blood flow, cools inflammation and exfoliates all at the same time.
- Cocoa powder. Someone asked me on Pinterest why I’d put chocolate on my skin instead of eating it. Cocoa powder is full of antioxidants, which can help neutralize harmful free radicals and soothe inflammation, making it a great choice for homemade beauty products.
- Coconut oil. I like to use this oil in my scrub recipes because it’s super nourishing. That way my skin gets moisturized at the same time it’s being exfoliated/
- Granulated sugar. We use this for removing dead skin cells and clearing out pores. Another option is salt instead of sugar if you want something more abrasive for rougher patches of skin.
Can I use wet coffee grinds?
Only choose used wet grounds if you plan to use the scrub immediately, otherwise they will mold very quickly. It’s best to use dry grinds in anything that will be stored for any length of time.
Can I add essential oils?
Of course! They aren’t necessary, but if you’re looking for skin lightening in addition to exfoliation, try adding lemon oil.
Where to use it?
You can use this exfoliating scrub anywhere on your skin. It works on the face and body, making it super flexible.
When using on your face, it’s best not to use more than once or twice a week. It can be used more frequently on the body.
How to use it?
- Take about 1 tablespoon of your coffee sugar scrub and gently massage into your skin using circular motions.
- Rinse well with warm water (it will be brown from the coffee, but will rinse right off).
- Follow with your usual skincare routine.
What other beauty products use coffee?
If you want to detox in addition to improving circulation, try our Activated Charcoal Coffee Scrub.
Can I buy instead of DIY?
If you love coffee, but don’t want to make your own scrub right now, try this store bought coffee scrub on Amazon.