Are you looking for the best sugar scrub recipe to exfoliate and nourish your skin? Our Cafe Mocha Sugar Scrub is full of natural ingredients that cleanse and repair skin. Continue reading for the recipe.
Coffee is the perfect morning pick-me-up. The smell invites you in, and then the caffeine gets you perky and ready for the start of your day.
Knowing how well coffee can get you up and moving, it makes perfect sense that it could do the exact same thing for your skin! If you haven’t use coffee in your skincare products before, you’re in for a treat.
The caffeine in the coffee perks tired skin right up, cools inflammation and exfoliates at the same time. And the cocoa powder is full of antioxidants, which can help neutralize harmful free radicals and repair skin cells.
Of course the sugar is also there to exfoliate dead skin and the coconut oil helps to nourish your freshly cleansed and exfoliated face. It also has wonderful antimicrobial properties.
This recipe will make a small batch of this delicious scented sugar scrub. You can double or triple the batch if you want to make a batch to give as a gift to keep in a larger container.
Cafe Mocha Sugar Scrub Tutorial
- ½ cup ground coffee
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl, then stir with a whisk or fork until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer your Cafe Mocha Sugar Scrub to a glass container with a tight fitting lid and store in a cool, dry place.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of your Cafe Mocha Sugar Scrub and gently massage into your skin using a circular motion.
- Rinse your face well with warm water (it will be brown from the coffee, but will rinse right off).
- Follow with your usual skincare routine.