Are your kids Despicable Me and Minions fans? They are going to absolutely love this adorable DIY Minions Soap. They are easy to make and fun for the kids!
Who is excited for the release of Despicable Me 3 later this month? I know we sure are! My daughters were the two top cookie sellers in their Girl Scout troop this year.
As a reward, we get to see Despicable Me 3 with the rest of the top sellers in our region. We’re all pretty excited about it!
If you’ve been around long, you’ll know that we’re huge Despicable Me and Minions fans around here. When the Minions movie came out, we shared a fun recipe for Minions Frosted Lemonade and a tutorial for a Minions Salt Scrub as well as a list of Despicable Me Gift Ideas. Go check those out if you haven’t yet.
This time around, we’re sharing a fun – and easy – tutorial for making DIY Minions Soap. The kids love this soap because they get a toy when the soap is all used up. And moms love this soap because their kids are actually motivated to use it (am I the only one that has to remind my kids to use soap when they bathe?).
Making this DIY Minions Soap is a super fun and easy way to celebrate the release of the new Despicable Me movie. Since it uses melt and pour soap, it’s safe for the kids to help too.
If you give this tutorial a try, be sure to let us know how it turned out for you! We’d love to see pictures of what you made on our Facebook page.
The Easiest DIY Minions Soap Tutorial
- Minion Mineez
- Glycerin melt and pour soap base
- Soap scent or essential oils (optional)
- Cutting board
- Square soap mold
- Craft sticks for stirring
- Small spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Double boiler
- Cut about 15 ice cube sized pieces off your glycerin soap base block.
- Place your soap cubes into your double boiler, and heat over medium heat until the soap is completely melted.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of your soap scent (I love the fruity scents) or about 30 drops of essential oils.
- Place your Minions Mineez face down in your soap molds.
- Using a pot holder, carefully pour your melted soap over your Minion Mineez, and spray the top with your rubbing alcohol (this will prevent air bubbles from forming).
- Allow your Minions Soap to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then transfer to the freezer for another 15 minutes.
- Carefully stretch the sides of your mold and press up on the bottom to remove your Minions soap.
- The kids are going to love washing their hands and bodies with their super fun Minions Soaps!