Learn how to make a simple folded paper gift box with flowers in this easy step-by-step tutorial.
Handmade gifts are even better when they come in homemade packaging. While you can definitely buy wrapping paper, it’s so easy to make your own with simple craft supplies!
This DIY Paper Gift Box tutorial is great for holding small gifts like the jewelry and other fun things my girls make me. They’re great for giving store bought gifts too 😉
We’ll walk you step-by-step through how to make your own Folded Paper Gift Box. It’s a fun craft idea for Mother’s Day, birthdays, showers or any special occasion.
DIY Folded Paper Gift Box Tutorial
- Sharp scissors
- Craft glue
- Pencil (to trace the template)
- Trace the large pattern from the template onto a piece of thick craft paper or cardstock.
- Carefully cut out the pattern you traced along its outer edge.
- Use a small pointy object to create folds along the inner parts of the cut out pattern.
- Fold the lines overlapping both circles to create a box pattern.
- Bring one part (of the circle) over the other one and join the sides (do not glue the sides) to complete the box. Place the gift inside the box before closing it. Use a small ribbon or embroidery floss to wrap the secure the box.
- Select colored craft papers for flowers and green craft paper for the leaves. Trace and cut out 3 the leaf patterns from the green craft paper. Trace the spiral pattern on the colored papers. Take the spiral paper and start to roll it from its outer edge.
- Keep rolling the spiral pattern until reaching the center. Glue the center and bottom edge of the roll together to secure the roll. Similarly create 2 more rolled roses.
- Glue the flowers on the top side of the box. It's better to glue the flowers on the center.
- When you're done adhering the flowers onto the box, it's time to glue the leaves in between 2 flowers. You can add more leaves if you you'd like to.
- You can add more details and different colors for variation of your DIY gift box.