Do you have wood blocks lying around the house from when your kids were little? Put them to good use with this easy homemade Upcycled Wood Blocks Snowman Christmas Tree Ornament craft.
I absolutely love snowman Christmas crafts. We have tons of snowman Christmas decorations around the house, and I’m always adding more!
We have so many wood blocks from when the kids were younger that don’t get played with anymore, so today’s Christmas ornament tutorial is for a DIY upcycled wood blocks snowman ornament. I think it came out pretty cute!
If you love snowmen and have extra wood blocks, you’ll love learning how to make an Upcycled Wood Snowman Christmas Tree Ornament. You may also want to check out our Upcycled Mason Jar Ring Snowman Ornament and our Easy Snowman Wreath for more snowman craft ideas.
If you make this Wood Block Snowman Ornament, let us know how it turned out for you by leaving a rating!
DIY Upcycled Wood Blocks Snowman Christmas Ornament Craft
- Paint all three of your small wooden blocks white. You can use any type of white craft paint, but a chalk paint dries quickly and only needs one coat.
- Once dry, use a low temperature hot glue gun or other craft glue to attach your wooden blocks together, one on top of the other. This will form the body of your snowman.
- Using black craft paint and a thin bristled paintbrush (or paint pens), draw two eyes and a coal mouth onto the top wooden block to form the snowman’s face. Paint a carrot nose in between the eyes and mouth with the orange craft paint and a thin bristled paintbrush or paint pens.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach three black craft pom poms to the second and third blocks on your snowman. These will serve as his buttons (you could substitute these for cute little buttons!).
- Glue a piece of ribbon around the neck of your snowman. Cut the ends of the ribbon with scissors to make it look like a dangling scarf.
- Loop a piece of twine and attach it to the back of your snowman’s head to serve as a hanger for your ornament when you have finished.
- Attach two small twigs to the sides of your snowman ornament, one on each side to serve as his arms. Hang your adorable snowman ornament on a tree or wreath and enjoy!