Are you looking for the best way to cook artichokes? My Instant Pot artichokes literally melt in your mouth. You'll never make artichokes any other way after trying this method!
Artichokes are one of my favorite vegetables, without a doubt. Every year, I look forward to artichoke season. I love buying our artichokes at Costco. They're super affordable there, so I end up grabbing a pack every time we make a trip and they have them in stock.
While they're quite tasty, they take a long time to cook and sometimes come out a bit dry if they're cooked too long. It's a delicate balance for sure!
I love my Instant Pot for so many reasons. It truly has made meal prep so much easier for us! One day, driving home from Costco, the idea to cook artichokes in my Instant Pot popped into my head.
Could it be done? I was quite certain it could, so I gave it a try. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I hadn't tried it before! The artichokes literally melt in your mouth when you cook them in an Instant Pot.
I still can't get over how much better artichokes taste when they're cooked in the Instant Pot than they do from any other method I've tried. And it's easy. So easy my kids can make them!
If you're looking for the fastest way to cook artichokes, you have to try making them in your Instant Pot. You'll thank me!
Melt in Your Mouth Instant Pot Artichokes Recipe
- 2 artichokes
- 1 cup filtered water
- Extra virgin olive oil spray or avocado oil spray
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice, optional
- Wash, then slice your artichokes in half length-wise.
- Scoop the hairy insides out of each artichoke half and discard them.
- Cut the sharp tips off of the artichoke leaves, then rinse the halves.
- Place a steamer insert into your Instant Pot, add the water, then arrange the artichokes on the steamer.
- Spray the artichoke halves with extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil. If you like a tangy flavor, you can spray or sprinkle freshly squeezed lemon juice over them as well.
- Seal the Instant Pot, then set it on manual high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Serve the artichokes with your favorite dip, like garlic infused butter or mayonnaise. They're great alone too!
Have you ever made Instant Pot artichokes?