Do you love easy homemade beauty products? We'll show you how to make the best DIY vanilla body butter using all natural ingredients.
I have recently started on a de-cluttering project around the house. We moved into a new house back in August and still hadn't finished unpacking – it's time!
I can't believe how much random, useless stuff we acquired in the 5 years we lived at our last house. Where did it all come from?
We've made a big pile of stuff we're either going to sell or give away, and I've thrown away much more than that. I'm finding myself becoming more and more of a minimalist every day. By getting rid of stuff we're not using, I'm making space for new opportunities in our lives.
One thing I simply can't get rid of is my DIY beauty making supplies. I have acquired so much cool stuff over the last few years!
So I have been figuring out some new recipes to make and share with you. Today, I'm sharing this recipe for DIY Vanilla Body Butter. I just love the scent of fresh vanilla beans, and when you pair that with vanilla oil, it's simply yummy!
Don't be sticker shocked by the price of vanilla beans – they're expensive! But there's nothing quite like them either. If you want to skip on that cost, you can use vanilla essential oil instead. The smell will be less potent with vanilla beans and more potent with essential oil, so you can customize the strength to your preferences.
This Vanilla Body Butter is very rich and nourishing, making it a great choice for these cold and dry winter months. I hope your skin loves it as much as mine does!
DIY Vanilla Body Butter Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (measured solid)
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 5 tablespoons beeswax
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1-2 vanilla beans or 20 drops vanilla essential oil
- In a double boiler, combine all ingredients except for the vanilla oil/beans. If you don't have a double boiler, you can use a heat proof jar in a pan of water.
- If using a vanilla bean, slice the bean and scrape out the vanilla into the double boiler. Then, slice the bean into smaller pieces and place it into the double boiler too.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil, stirring often until everything is melted and well combined (it takes about twelve minutes). Turn off the heat, and allow the contents the ingredients to infuse for 10-15 minutes so the vanilla beans can infuse.
- If the mixture has hardened, go ahead and heat it back up until it's liquid. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a small glass jar. If using essential oils, add the oils now and stir to combine.
- Allow the jar to sit on the counter for 24 hours to cool and harden.
Who do you know that would love this DIY Vanilla Body Butter recipe?
Pin this post to your DIY Beauty board!