Last Updated on
Are you looking for the best sugar scrub cube recipe to gift for Valentine’s Day? Our Vanilla Rose Exfoliating Sugar Scrub bars smell amazing and leave your skin feeling smooth, clean and moisturized!
I love sugar scrub cubes! They can be so much easier to work with in the shower because they truly pull double duty – cleansing and exfoliating at the same time.
Plus, I have a tendency to drop handfuls of sugar scrub when I’m in the shower. I find I waste a lot less by using sugar scrub cubes.
Whenever I gift sugar scrub cubes, the recipient is always very excited to try them! In addition to these vanilla rose exfoliating sugar scrub cubes, you can also try your hand at my Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars and my Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes if you want to mix up your scents!
This recipe will make one dozen sugar scrub cubes if you use the same heart silicone mold I did. The quantities you will yield with other silicone molds will vary.
I hope you’ll give this vanilla rose exfoliating sugar scrub cubes recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments!
Vanilla Rose Exfoliating Sugar Scrub Cubes Tutorial
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1/2 cup shea butter melt and pour soap
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 8-10 drops rose absolute essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 10 drops vanilla essential oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Red or pink soap colorant
- Wilton white sugar sprinkles, optional
- Heart shaped silicone mold
- Double boiler
- Shred or chop the melt and pour soap into small pieces and place in a double boiler to melt.
- Add the coconut oil to the double boiler with the melting soap and heat over medium until melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the mixture into a bowl, then add the rose essential oil and vanilla oil and stir well to incorporate.
- Add the soap colorant of your choice and mix well until you achieve your desired color. You could also use mica as a colorant, but it does leave a ring in the tub.
- Now, combine the soap and oil mixture with the granulated sugar.
- Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the sugar sprinkles into each mold (this is optional, but it will make each heart appear to be extra sparkly!).
- Transfer the sugar, oil and soap mixture into each heart mold, pressing down firmly and filling each cavity to the top.
- Freeze your sugar scrub cubes for 1 hour, then release the exfoliating cubes from their molds.
- Store in an airtight glass container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.