Are you searching for fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts for kids? Our DIY Whimsical Rainbow Shaker wand is easy to make at home or in the classroom.
St. Patrick’s Day can be a fun holiday to celebrate with kids. There are so many whimsical craft ideas out there – what kid doesn’t love rainbows and pots of gold?
Zoë made this fun St. Patrick’s Day Flameless Candle a couple years ago, we love this Leprechaun Gak and we found these other St. Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids, so this year we wanted to share another fun idea with you – our Whimsical Rainbow Shaker Wands.
This fun St. Patrick’s Day Craft is easy to make, but you’ll need to gather a couple supplies you may not have on hand (like bells). You probably already have most of the supplies though!
You can make these Rainbow Shaker wands at home with your kids, or take the idea to your child’s teacher to make in the classroom. No matter where kids craft them, they love them!
I hope you enjoy making this St. Patrick’s Day craft for kids as much as we did! If you’re looking for some meal ideas to make to go along with this craft, try our Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie or Guinness Irish Stew.
Whimsical Rainbow Shaker Wand for St. Patrick’s Day
- Paper Towel Tubes
- Craft Paint
- Black Glitter Foam
- Gold Bells
- Gold Pipe Cleaners
- Cotton Balls
- Chunky Gold Glitter
- Masking Tape
- Cut squares of foil large enough to wrap around the end of the paper towel tube. You want to make the foil about 3-4 layers thick.
- Glue the foil in place and then secure it by wrapping masking tape around the end of the tube.
- Add 2-3 spoonfuls of rice.
- Repeat the steps 1 and 2 to seal the other end of the tube.
- Cut a piece of black glitter foam long enough to wrap around the end of the tube. Glue the black glitter foam in place.
- Cut a circle large enough to cover the end of the tube and glue in place. (refer to the photos)
- Use a paintbrush to paint a rainbow pattern towards the other end of the tube.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Glue cotton balls onto the end of the tube. Rip them apart a bit so that they aren’t so poofy.
- Add some glue above the black glitter foam all the way around the tube.
- Sprinkle gold glitter onto the glue and allow the glue to dry completely. (chunky glitter looks a lot like gold coins)
- String gold bells onto a gold pipe cleaner. Wrap the pipe cleaner around the tube and glue in place towards the top of the black glitter foam piece.
- Your St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Shaker Wand is complete. Go have some fun!