One of my favorite DIY beauty projects to make are soothing bath fizzies. While my family is out snowboarding, I can indulge in a nice, relaxing bath.
There’s nothing like relaxing in a warm tub filled with soothing scents and natural ingredients that are calming to my skin when no one is around to disturb me! It’s like a little piece of heaven at home.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for Shimmering and Soothing Bath Fizzies. It includes a couple extra ingredients that give these soothing bath bombs a nice shimmering effect – activated charcoal and mica powder.
Kids love these soothing bath fizzies as much as adults do, and they make great gifts too!
DIY Shimmering and Soothing Bath Fizzies Tutorial
- 1 cup baking soda
- ¼ cup citric acid
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of filtered water
- 4 drops Manuka essential oil (optional)
- Dash of activated charcoal
- Dusting of natural mica powder
- Start by adding a dusting of activated charcoal and mica to the bottom of each well – a little goes a long way.
- Combine the baking soda and citric acid in a small mixing bowl, then add the essential oils.
- Using your hands or a small spatula, add in just a little water at a time and mix. You’ll be able to feel the consistency go from a grainy powder to a wet smooth sand consistency that will hold its shape when you press it together.
- Quickly press the mixture into the molds, making sure to push all the way down on each one so the finished fizzies will hold their shape.
- Allow your soothing bath fizzies to dry for 12-24 hours. The amount of time it takes will simply depend on the humidity and size of the molds. The bath fizzies are ready when they feel hard, dry and maybe a little brittle to the touch. They should pop right out of the molds.
- Store them in an air tight container until ready to use. They will last quite some time this way!
- Draw a warm to hot bath and add 2-4 soothing bath fizzies, depending on the size of you tub. Soak for about 20 minutes.