Last Updated on
Since we’ve been finally having more snow days, I’m always looking for fun activities to keep the kids busy. With St.Patrick’s Day on its way, why not have a little fun with leprechaun gak?
With a few simple supplies you can make your own leprechaun gak. It is perfect for hiding golden coins in and creating a fantastic sensory experience!
Here is how you can get started making your own.
- 8 ounces of white glue (this is typically about two bottles)
- 1 teaspoon Borax powder
- Green food coloring
- ½ cup warm water
- Gold plastic coins (Dollar Tree or Amazon)
- In a large mixing bowl, slowly mix the Borax, glue and warm water until a soft goo forms. You may need to knead the mixture for a bit until the gak takes shape.
- Add in the food coloring a few drops at a time. The darkness of the color will depend on how much coloring you add to the gak.
- Mix the ingredients well until the gak is a shade of your liking.
- You can now drop the gold coins into the bowl. Let them sink in and hide.
To play with your leprechaun gak, have children dig for the coins and pull them out. They will love searching for the coins covered in the gak, as well as dropping them in to hide them all over again!