I have said it before, but I'll say it again. Mexican food runs deep in my veins. It was such an important part of the culture I grew up with that I don't think it will ever leave my heart.
While I know Chipotle isn't “real” Mexican food, I still love it when we're out and about and need to get a quick meal. Over the years, I have come to love their barbacoa beef. It's so full of flavor!
Since we live a good hour from the nearest Chipotle, I have been wanting to learn to make barbacoa at home. I often get beef roasts in our ButcherBox, so I figured the next time I got one, I'd make Instant Pot barbacoa.
This easy Instant Pot Barbacoa Street Tacos recipe comes together quickly and always impresses! I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine.
Instant Pot Barbacoa Street Tacos Recipe
Do you love eating at Chipotle? You'll love this simple Instant Pot Barbacoa Street Tacos recipe. This tasty authentic Mexican beef dinner is easy to make and pairs well with a variety of toppings.
- 3 pound grassfed beef chuck roast
- 2 key limes, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch organic cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 large organic onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 6 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 large organic red onion, diced
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 packages of gluten free tortillas
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Add the beef chuck roast, beef broth, onion slices and garlic to the Instant Pot (or another electric pressure cooker).
- Add half of the chopped cilantro, chipotle peppers, cumin, sea salt and black pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Set your Instant Pot on Manual Mode in high pressure. Increase the cook time to 1 hour and allow your barbacoa to cook.
- When the barbacoa is done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally until all of the pressure has dissipated.
- Serve your Instant Pot Barbacoa on gluten free tortillas with fresh key limes slices, chopped cilantro, red onion and your favorite taco toppings like cheese, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.