Being a mom means that we have very little time for pampering ourselves. After meeting everyone else’s needs, we’re lucky to even get a few minutes in the bathroom alone. Am I right?
Now that my kids are a bit older, I do get to steal moments for myself here and there. One thing I love to do in those times is apply a facial mask.
Detoxifying masks. Nourishing masks. Exfoliating masks. They all have a time and place, but I love this particular facial mask recipe because it combines two of my skin’s needs – exfoliation and nourishment.
The recipe is very easy to make, and it uses some great, all-natural ingredients you can feel good about. The brown sugar exfoliates your skin while the honey, coconut oil and essential oils nourish your skin.
Exfoliating Brown Sugar & Honey Facial Mask
Supplies and Ingredients
(Note: These measurements are for a 1-2 time use, so I made four times the amount, to fill the jar, which is what is shown in the photos.)
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure honey (raw and local is best if you can get it)
- 2 to 3 drops pure Lemon essential oil
- 3 drops pure Frankincense essential oil
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- Small glass jar, mixing bowl, whisk and spoon
- Ribbon and label if desired
- First, be sure to soften up your coconut oil if it needs it, as it likes to become really thick in between uses. All you need to do is just pop the jar in a bowl of hot water until it softens.
- Measure out your coconut oil and add it to a mixing bowl or glass measuring cup. Add the brown sugar to the coconut oil and whisk them really well to break up any lumps in the sugar.
- Next, add your honey. This is where it may get a little sticky as the honey and brown sugar tend to want to stay together. Just keep whisking it until it’s well combined.
- Once you feel like you’ve gotten all of the lumps out, add in your essential oils.
- Whisk everything together. If you think it’s too clumped up, just put the glass measuring cup into the hot water again, and mix well before adding your exfoliating brown sugar and honey facial mask to your squat mason jar.
- The mask will thicken and set up nicely once it sits in the jar, so don’t panic that it seems too runny. It won’t stay that way.
- When you add it to the jar, you will notice the layers are a bit separated, but that’s normal and it will improve as it thickens.
- Now just add a cute label and ribbon and you’re all set!
- Remove the lid and stir well before using.
- Moisten your face and blot with a cloth, then apply the exfoliating brown sugar and honey facial mask to your face and neck. Keep on for 15- 20 minutes before rinsing.
- Your face will feel very soft from the sugar and well-nourished from the oils!
How did your skin enjoy the brown sugar and honey facial mask?
Pin This Post to Your DIY Beauty Board