If you're an avid gardener, your probably have zucchini coming out of your ears right now. We didn't plant zucchini this year (just tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers), but we have been getting a bunch in our CSA box every week.
I have been trying to use the zucchini up in fun ways so the girls will eat it. I remembered that I used to make zucchini fritters all the time during our stay in Uruguay. Since I went grain free, I wanted to figure out how to make paleo zucchini fritters.
I followed my basic zucchini fritters recipe and modified it to use coconut flour to turn it into a paleo zucchini fritters recipe. The result is a side dish or appetizer the whole family raved about!
If you're looking for a way to use the bounty of your zucchini harvest, give this paleo zucchini fritters recipe a try. Let me know what you think!
Paleo Zucchini Fritters RecipePrint
Paleo Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Is your garden overflowing with yummy zucchini? If you're looking for a delicious way to use your harvest, give this paleo zucchini fritters recipe a try!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Appetiser
- Cuisine: American
- Shred your zucchini with a cheese grater (or a food processor if you prefer) into a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the zucchini and and mix well, then allow it to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Next, squeeze as much of the moisture as possible from the zucchini. Get them as dry as possible.
- In a separate bowl, combine the squeezed zucchini with the coconut flour, eggs and black pepper. Do not add additional salt as there will be plenty of salt left from step 2.
- Melt a large spoonful of coconut oil or avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Press ¼ cup of the zucchini mixture into the pan and flatten it until it forms a patty. I was able to cook 4 at a time in my cast iron pan
- Cook each side of the zucchini patties for 3-5 minutes or until they're golden brown. Repeat until the zucchini mixture is gone, adding more coconut or avocado oil as needed.
- Cool your paleo zucchini fritters on a cooling rack to prevent them from getting soggy.
- Enjoy as a side dish or appetizer.