You’re here looking to make liquid hand soap, right? That’s so great! I can’t wait to share with you how to make liquid hand soap. I love making my own beauty and personal care products, and I know you will too!
There are some things that are so easy to make yourself once you get it down. One of those things is liquid hand soap.
The recipe I’m sharing with you works really well and it’s easy to make even if you’re new to making your own homemade beauty products.
One of the best things about making your own DIY beauty and personal care products is that you can choose the scents using essential oils. While this recipe calls for lavender and tea tree essential oils, feel free to substitute your favorite oils.
This time of year, cinnamon and orange can be a nice combination. So can spearmint and fir needle. No matter which essential oil scents you choose, this DIY liquid hand soap is very moisturizing and smells great!
If you go with the listed essential oils, tea tree oil is very cleansing and the lavender is very soothing. This liquid hand soap makes a great DIY gift idea and these adorable labels would be a perfect final touch.
DIY Homemade Lavender and Tea Tree Liquid Hand Soap
- 3/4 cup Castile Soap
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon nourishing oil such as sweet almond oil or jojoba oil
- 10-15 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- In a pint-sized mason jar, add the water first (to prevent bubbles) then the liquid castile soap, followed by the oils.
- Top your mason jar with a rust proof soap pump or you can get a whole kit (which is sometimes less expensive!).
- Shake the jar to combine the ingredients.
- Shake the soap dispenser before each use, and then squirt a small amount into your hands as needed for cleansing.