Learn how to make the best homemade Blueberry Cashew Date Energy Bars in our easy snack recipe. This no bake treat makes a yummy gluten free breakfast idea too.
Eating the same old afternoon snacks can get, well, old. We eat a lot of fruit, veggies, cheese, hummus and crackers in the afternoon.
I like to mix it up sometimes though and make something delicious that the whole family loves. Energy bars are a great choice for our busy afternoons because we can make them ahead of time and they do give you a burst of energy.
We also love nuts and fruit, so combining our favorite nuts and our favorite dried fruits with the natural sweetness of dates makes the perfect energy bar we all enjoy. I store them in the fridge for freshness. So if they get packed in a lunch or a to-go bag, I typically toss an ice pack in there so they stay nice, fresh and firm.
I like to prepare them ahead of time and store them in the fridge. That way I can just pull them out after school – they make a delicious afternoon snack.
Blueberry Cashew Date Energy Bars
- Place the blueberries, cashews and dates into your blender, then blend until the ingredients form a paste. I like to leave some texture in the paste, but you can customize the texture to your liking.
- Add the chia seeds and coconut flakes and pulse until they are combined in.
- Scoop the paste out onto a out onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or cutting board. Flatten and shape the energy bar paste into a square and cover with more parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until the paste is cold and firm. Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 16 small pieces (or 8 larger pieces).
- Place a small piece of parchment paper in between each bar and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.