Learn how to make simple Low Carb Cloud Eggs with Asiago Cheese & Chives. This easy breakfast recipe is keto friendly and tasty served with bacon.
I love eggs for so many reasons. There are so many different ways you can prepare an egg that it’s hard to get bored with them.
You can make scrambled eggs, bell pepper fried eggs, egg cups, mini egg quiches, full sized egg quiche, egg slice casserole, poached eggs, deviled eggs, hard boiled eggs, Chilaquiles and even cloud eggs.
If you haven’t tried cloud eggs yet, you’re missing out. They’re a great low carb breakfast option. And while you can certainly leave the asiago cheese out if you’re dairy free, it really gives it an amazing flavor!
If you want to try an egg recipe that’s more out of the ordinary, then this low carb cloud eggs recipe is for you. One of the best things about cloud eggs is that they can come together in just a few minutes and they make a lasting impression.
Be sure to save this easy recipe so you can use it whenever you have house guests or when your family wants to mix up your normal weekend brunch menu.
Low Carb Cloud Eggs with Asiago Cheese & Chives
- Put your oven rack in center position in your oven. Pre-heat your oven to 450° F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper then set it aside.
- Crack and separate the eggs, putting the whites in a large mixing bowl and reserving the yolks individually in smaller bowls.*
- Season egg whites with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use a hand mixer or immersion blender to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula while you're blending to be sure you incorporate all of the egg white.
- Gently fold 2/3 of the Asiago cheese and chives into the bowl, being careful not to deflate the egg whites in the process.
- Spoon the whipped egg white and cheese mixture into four piles on your prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of room between each mound. With the back of a spoon, create an indent in the center of each mound and place baking sheet on center rack in preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and carefully transfer the reserved yolks into the indent of each mount. Sprinkle each mound with half of the remaining cheese and fresh chives and return pan to oven and bake another 3 minutes or until yolks are set and egg whites are golden brown.
- Remove your low carb cloud egg from the oven and sprinkle them with the remaining cheese and chives and serve immediately.