This Matcha Orange Refresher is an amazing morning pick me up that won’t give you the jitters like coffee. Get the recipe to try at your next Sunday brunch.
If you need a good pick-me-up that isn’t coffee, try this recipe for a Matcha Orange Refresher. The Matcha Green Tea will give you energy without the jitters and the honey and orange juice will give your blood sugar a boost.
This recipe makes one beverage. You can increase quantities to make a pitcher if you’re hosting a New Year breakfast or brunch.
- 1 teaspoon Matcha green tea
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey
- 4 ice cubes
- ¼ cup hot water
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (I prefer pulp free for this recipe)
- Lime slice (optional)
- Put the ice cubes in a juice glass, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the matcha and hot water until it’s blended well.
- Add the honey and whisk until it’s dissolved.
- Pour the matcha blend over the ice cubes and allow it to sit for 1 minute.
- Pour cold orange juice over the tea.
- Optionally garnish the glass with a slice of lime. lemon or orange.