This mini DIY Twine Wreath Christmas ornament is an easy yet elegant tree decoration that kids can help make.
This DIY Twine Wreath Christmas Tree Ornament is a super easy one to make, especially if you have crafting materials around the house already.
All you need is a mason jar ring (I have boxes of those!), some hemp twine (so great for so many things), Christmas confetti, ribbon, scissors and a hot glue gun. If you have lots of mason jar rings, you can also make a fun Travel Memory Ornament or an adorable Snowman Christmas Ornament with them.
The kids can definitely help put this Twine Wreath Christmas Ornament together, but you’ll want to supervise them with the hot glue gun. Wrapping the twine is great for finger dexterity!
This simple DIY Twine Wreath Christmas Ornament makes a great handmade gift idea for Christmas, especially if you participate in a community ornament exchange.
How to Make a Mini Twine Wreath Christmas Ornament
- Hot glue an end piece of twine inside the mason jar ring and begin tightly wrapping the hemp around the lid ring until you reach the end of your twine, then glue the end inside the mason jar ring like you did to start your ornament.
- Keep gluing and wrapping the hemp twine until you reach where you started, making sure the whole mason jar ring is covered in twine.
- Now cut an 8″ piece of 5/8″ ribbon, loop it around your lid ring, and tie the ends together in a knot.
- Hot glue your holly confetti or a tiny Christmas decoration onto the bottom left of your ornament.
- Hang your new twine wreath ornament on your Christmas tree or wrap up to give as a handmade gift!