Are you looking for the best roasted turkey breast recipe to serve on Thanksgiving? This recipe is super easy to make and it tastes amazing too!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Are you planning your menu yet? We usually have a pretty simple menu because we tend to have Thanksgiving with just our small family due to the remote nature of living in the mountains.
Last year, my husband was traveling on Thanksgiving and it was just me and my 2 girls on our own for Thanksgiving. Rather than cooking a large turkey for just the 3 of us, I decided to roast a turkey breast.
I figured it wouldn't be much harder than roasting a chicken, but better than cooking a whole turkey that would probably end up going to waste. My roasted turkey breast turned out so delicious that I had to share my recipe with you in advance of this Thanksgiving!
If you're on your own or just have a small group for Thanksgiving this year, try making a Roasted Turkey Breast. That way you can still enjoy the tradition of turkey without needing to cook a whole turkey.
The Best Roasted Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Rub the turkey breast with the butter, both on the outside and inside the cavity.
- Next, sprinkle Real Salt, pepper and garlic powder all over the turkey breast.
- Place the chopped veggies into the bottom of your roasting pan. You want a pan that doesn’t have a lot of extra space – it should hold the turkey breast just right.
- Once you have your veggies arranged, place the turkey breast on top, breast up.
- Roast the turkey breast for about 2.5 hours. If you check the temperature, it should read 165 degrees F.
- Once the turkey breast is cooked, transfer it to a heat-resistant cutting board (I use a bamboo cutting board). Using aluminum foil, tent the turkey breast for 30 minutes.