I totally have a weakness for seafood. I don't know what it is, but I love it. Shrimp is one of my favorites, but it has to be prepared right. I like making shrimp ceviche as a cold dish and serving shrimp in Thai curry or gluten free pasta for a warm dish, but these shrimp salad bites are amazing.
Shrimp work well in all sorts of appetizers, and are great if you're going for a lower carb diet. These Shrimp Salad Bites can be eaten as a meal in themselves (yum!) or they make great appetizers for parties get-togethers. Everyone likes tasty finger foods.
If you're going to use this recipe as a lunch, it will make 4 servings. If you're going to use this recipe for a low carb appetizer, it will make 30 servings. The best part is that it only takes 10 minutes to prepare this recipe, so it's great if you're short on time!Print
Low Carb Appetizer Recipe: Shrimp Salad Bites
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 30
- Category: Appetizer
- ¾ pound cooked shrimp, peeled with the tails removed
- 2 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large organic cucumber, sliced (shoot for around 30 slices)
- Organic chives, minced
- Combine the shrimp, celery, red onion, mayonnaise and yogurt in a large mixing bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on a platter and top each slice with a heaping tablespoon of shrimp salad.
- Garnish the shrimp salad bites with minced chives.