I totally have a weakness for seafood. I don’t know what it is, but I love it. Shrimp is one of my favorites, but it has to be prepared right. I like making shrimp ceviche as a cold dish and serving shrimp in Thai curry or gluten free pasta for a warm dish, but these shrimp salad bites are amazing.
Shrimp work well in all sorts of appetizers, and are great if you’re going for a lower carb diet. These Shrimp Salad Bites can be eaten as a meal in themselves (yum!) or they make great appetizers for parties get-togethers. Everyone likes tasty finger foods.
If you’re going to use this recipe as a lunch, it will make 4 servings. If you’re going to use this recipe for a low carb appetizer, it will make 30 servings. The best part is that it only takes 10 minutes to prepare this recipe, so it’s great if you’re short on time!
Low Carb Appetizer Recipe: Shrimp Salad BitesPrint Pin Rate
- ¾ pound cooked shrimp peeled with the tails removed
- 2 organic celery stalks chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large organic cucumber sliced (shoot for around 30 slices)
- Organic chives minced
- Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on a platter and top each slice with a heaping tablespoon of shrimp salad.
- Garnish the shrimp salad bites with minced chives.