Formal soap making (with lye and all of that) is something that intimidates most people – me included.
I’ve never actually made soap from scratch. It’s something I’d like to do, and it’s something I’d like to learn under the supervision of someone with a lot of experience. Because – safety.
I use melt and pour soap in a lot of my DIY beauty recipes like these:
- Lavender Bud Soap
- Uplifting Charcoal Soap
- Matcha Green Tea Shea Butter Soap
- Sinus Relief Soap
- Glitter Soap Gems
- Cherry Limeade Sugar Scrub Bars
- Lots More
You can buy it at most craft stores and on Amazon.com, and it’s pretty affordable. I always have a couple pounds in my DIY cabinet so I can make a new creation on a whim.
Summer has been making me think of citrus, so today I’m sharing a Honey Lemon Soap Bars recipe with you. You can find most of the ingredients in your pantry, except for the soap of course.
It has a really nice, uplifting and nourishing scent to it. These homemade soap bars also make a great gift – if you can bear to part with them 🙂
Honey Lemon Homemade Soap Bars Recipe
- ½ pound clear glycerin melt and pour soap base
- Soap bar mold
- ½ cup honey
- Zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- 5-10 drops lemon essential oil
- Once you’ve zested the lemon, sprinkle the zest into the bottom of the soap mold.
- Chop the glycerin melt and pour soap into cubes, then melt them in a double boiler.
- Once the soap base is melted, remove the pan from heat, then stir in the honey and essential oils until everything is well combined.
- Immediately pour the honey lemon soap mixture into your soap molds over the lemon zest. Allow the soap bars to cool for at least an hour until they are completely cool and hardened.
- Gently pop each honey lemon soap bar out of its mold.