Last Updated on
Do you love snowman decorations? You’re going to adore our Mason Jar Ring Snowman Ornament. It can even be made from items you have around the house!
When I was younger, almost my entire Christmas decoration collection was comprised of snowmen. I have always absolutely adored them! Especially since even seeing snow was a special treat growing up in San Diego.
Now that we live in the snow, I still love snowmen, but for different reasons. My girls love the snow. We haven’t gotten our first snow yet this year, and everyone is eagerly awaiting it.
I know one of the very first things they will do is run outside to build a snowman. It’s always so much fun to watch them work together until their faces are so red they have to come inside to warm up.
Since we can’t build a snowman yet, we decided to make snowman-themed Christmas ornaments. That way maybe we can coax the snow into coming soon!
If you adore snowmen as much as we do, I hope you’ll enjoy this Mason Jar Ring Snowman Ornament craft. Let me know how your Christmas ornament turns out in the comments below!
Mason Jar Ring Snowman Ornament Tutorial
- Mason jar ring
- White fabric of choice
- Black, orange and red fabric scraps (we used old scraps of wool and flannel for a winter feel)
- Twine for hanging
- Hot glue sticks and hot glue gun
- Begin by tracing the lid onto the white fabric. It will serve as your stencil so you cut out the perfect circle.
- Cut the white circle out of the fabric. Use the glue to attach the fabric to the inside of the mason jar ring. Press until it is securely in place.
- Trim away any extra fabric from around the mason jar ring.
- Create the face for the snowman. You will need black dots for the eyes and mouth, an orange triangle for the face and a small strip of plaid for the scarf.
- Cut out the shapes as shown and hot glue them to the face of the ornament.
- Add a dab of hot glue to the segment of twine. Press to the back of the lid as a hanger.
- Once the hot glue is dry, your mason jar ring snowman ornament is ready to hang on the tree!