Do you love snowman decorations? You're going to adore our Mason Jar Ring Snowman Ornament. It can even be made from items you have around the house!
When I was younger, almost my entire Christmas decoration collection was comprised of snowmen. I have always absolutely adored them! Especially since even seeing snow was a special treat growing up in San Diego.
Now that we live in the snow, I still love snowmen, but for different reasons. My girls love the snow. We haven't gotten our first snow yet this year, and everyone is eagerly awaiting it.
I know one of the very first things they will do is run outside to build a snowman. It's always so much fun to watch them work together until their faces are so red they have to come inside to warm up.
Since we can't build a snowman yet, we decided to make snowman-themed Christmas ornaments. That way maybe we can coax the snow into coming soon!
If you adore snowmen as much as we do, I hope you'll enjoy this Mason Jar Ring Snowman Ornament craft. Let me know how your Christmas ornament turns out in the comments below!
Mason Jar Ring Snowman Ornament Tutorial
- Mason jar ring
- White fabric of choice
- Black, orange and red fabric scraps (we used old scraps of wool and flannel for a winter feel)
- Twine for hanging
- Hot glue sticks and hot glue gun
- Begin by tracing the lid onto the white fabric. It will serve as your stencil so you cut out the perfect circle.
- Cut the white circle out of the fabric. Use the glue to attach the fabric to the inside of the mason jar ring. Press until it is securely in place.
- Trim away any extra fabric from around the mason jar ring.
- Create the face for the snowman. You will need black dots for the eyes and mouth, an orange triangle for the face and a small strip of plaid for the scarf.
- Cut out the shapes as shown and hot glue them to the face of the ornament.
- Add a dab of hot glue to the segment of twine. Press to the back of the lid as a hanger.
- Once the hot glue is dry, your mason jar ring snowman ornament is ready to hang on the tree!
Do you have a favorite snowman ornament for your Christmas tree?
Pin this post to your Christmas board for later!