Jump to Directions
Do you love homemade beauty products that are are nourishing and exfoliating? Our DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars recipe will leave your skin feeling silky smooth.
These Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars are unique and beautiful – people LOVE getting them as gifts!
They’re great for Mother’s Day, Christmas and pretty much any gift-giving occasion. Best of all, they’ll leave your skin feeling silky smooth after your next shower.
And if peppermint isn’t your thing, no problem. Just grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products – totally based on your skin type and preferences!
I even created a free printable label for you too! It will make gift giving so easy. You’ll find it after the recipe.
DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup melt and pour soap
- 3-4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Red Mica colorant - optional
- Silicone mold
- Double Boiler
- In a double boiler, melt your soap. If you do not have a double boiler, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Mix in your coconut oil until combined and add your peppermint essential oil.
- Separate into two separate bowls, adding your mica into one bowl and mix until color is even throughout.
- Add ½ cup of sugar to each bowl, doing one bowl at a time. Mix until well combined. You are looking for a slushy like consistency.
- Pour into your silicone mold and allow to dry for 1-2 hours before unmolding. If your sugar and soap mixture gets too thick, microwave on 10 second bursts until you are able to pour. Allow the sugar scrub bars to dry completely before removing them from the silicone mold.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Your gorgeous sugar scrub bars deserve a label, right??
Labeling Your Sugar Scrub Bars
If you’re giving these peppermint sugar scrub bars out as gifts, you’ll want to adorn them with cute labels!
You can choose from a PDF or JPG format to use – there are 6 to a sheet.
You’ll want to get some Full Page Sticker Sheets to print them on! Then you just have to cut them out and stick them on your jars!
6 thoughts on “DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars”
Can you send a picture of the melt and pour soap that you use?
You can use any melt and pour soap base to make sugar scrub bars. 🙂
How long does it take to harden up? I made mine last night and they are still a bit soft.
What type of soap did you use?
Do I melt the soap base and then measure the half cup, or do I cut it into pieces and measure it in a cup that way?
I usually chop or grate it and measure an approximate amount.