Last Updated on
Do you love chocolate? Then you’ll love this delicious, all natural homemade Chocolate Lip Balm tutorial. It’s super easy to make and doubles as a great DIY gift idea!
Do you love DIY beauty and makeup products as much as I do? How about chocolate? It seems they both can be pretty addictive!
That’s why I’m excited to share this tutorial for Chocolate Lip Balm with you today. With just a few natural ingredients, you can create your own at home to keep and some to gift, just in time for Valentine’s Day!
Using high quality natural ingredients means that this recipe is safe even for younger girls to enjoy. It is also really fun for them to help you make it.
This Valentine’s Day, you can be sure that your lips are kissably soft with this yummy DIY chocolate lip balm tutorial. This recipe makes it easy to make just one or several pots of chocolate lip balm.
DIY Chocolate Lip Balm Tutorial
Ingredients (For Each Pot of Lip Balm)
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons beeswax pellets
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Makeup pots (glass pots like these are best)
You can also add one of the following ingredients to get a more complex flavored lip balm:
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 3 drops wild orange essential oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Decide how many pots of Chocolate Lip Balm you want to make.
- Combine the appropriate amount of coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler, stirring constantly, until completely melted.
- Stir in cocoa powder and any of your other chosen add-on ingredients for flavor until well combined.
- Quickly transfer the mixture to the makeup pots and allow it to set. You can quicken this process by placing the pots in the refrigerator.
- If your chocolate lip balm gets too warm, it may liquify. You can re-set it by popping it in the fridge for 10 minutes.