Are you looking for the best DIY nourishing face wash recipe? This homemade facial cleanser uses natural ingredients to cleanse and nourish skin.
I ran out of face wash a while back (my babies have started using it too!), so I decided to play with some of the ingredients I have at home and see if I can come up with a good face wash recipe.
I have dry skin, so I always have to make sure to include nourishing ingredients in my homemade beauty products. I love using jojoba oil and vitamin E oil in any of my cleansers to help restore the moisture in my skin.
The frankincense oil and ylang ylang oil are great for aging skin, and they smell really nice together too. Especially combined with the honey, which has antibacterial, moisturizing and anti-aging properties.
If you won’t use a bottle quickly, you may want to halve the recipe or considering a natural preservative like leucidal liquid. The Nerdy Farm Wife has the best post about natural beauty preservatives, so I’d check that out if you’re interested in learning about natural preservatives for beauty products.
Either way, you can whip up your own batch of nourishing honey tea face wash in around 5 minutes and be cleansing your skin right away! I hope you enjoy it 🙂
Nourishing Honey Tea Face Wash
Ingredients and Supplies
- 3/4 cup cooled herbal tea, such as chamomile or peppermint
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoons liquid Castile soap
- 1 teaspoon organic jojoba oil
- 4 drops vitamin E oil
- 8 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 8 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 8 ounce foaming soap pump
- Add the honey and cooled herbal tea to a small mixing bowl, then whisk until the ingredients are well combined.
- Whisk in the Castile soap, jojoba oil, vitamin E oil and essential oils until everything is well combined. Be gentle so you don’t froth up the castile soap too much.
- Pour the honey tea face wash mixture into the the foaming soap pump, cap and label if desired.
- You will need to shake the bottle to re-combine all of the ingredients before each use.
- Wash your face as you normally would, then follow with your normal beauty routine