It's that time of year again. School is back in session. That means extracurricular activities and busy weeknights. Trying to get a real home cooked meal on the table some nights can be a real challenge. However, it's very important that my girls learn where food comes from and how to prepare it, so I make home cooked meals a priority – even if they're easy weeknight dinners.
That's why I love simple meals that can be pulled together quickly like my Chunky Tuna, Peas, Macaroni and Cheese. In the past, I would make it with Chunk Light Tuna because it's what I was used to.
However, this week I tried making it with Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna, and wow what a difference! More tuna chunks and less soupy mix.
The texture makes the meal feel much nicer and I like knowing that it contains lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals. And I just learned that Bumble Bee® offers responsibly wild caught Albacore, which is something that's very important to me. (See the Bumble Bee website for full nutritional facts.)
I'll be choosing Solid White Albacore more often for my recipes. You can try some of Bumble Bee's mouth-watering recipes and discover for yourself why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™.
Easy Weeknight Dinners: Chunky Tuna, Peas, Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
Easy Weeknight Dinners: Chunky Tuna, Peas, Macaroni & Cheese
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- Two cans Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 2 boxes organic macaroni and cheese
- 1 package frozen organic peas
- 1 tablespoon homemade Italian seasoning
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese per the package directions. Increase the milk and butter listed on the package by 50% so there's enough sauce for all of the ingredients.
- While the macaroni is boiling, boil the peas until they're cooked through.
- Once the macaroni and cheese is prepared, stir in the cooked peas and Italian seasoning.
- Gently stir in the Solid White Albacore, evenly distributing it throughout the macaroni, without breaking the chunks down too small. You want that texture of the Albacore.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes so the tuna warms, then portion it into bowls and serve topped with extra Italian seasoning, if desired.
What are some of your other favorite easy weeknight dinners using tuna?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.