Last Updated on
This Honey Sweetened Watermelon Agua Fresca recipe is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are my own.
Did you know that Albertsons is currently hosting their Huge Anniversary Sale? During this annual sale, they have some of their greatest prices of the year.
I was browsing this week’s circular for the local Abertsons and noticed that seedless watermelons were only $2.88 each! What an amazing deal! My girls and I love watermelon, and I have been wanting to try Watermelon Agua Fresca for a while now.
So when I saw what a great deal Albertsons had on watermelons, I knew I had to make it with the girls! It’s very simple to use, and you can find all of the ingredients you need at your local Albertsons.
Honey Sweetened Agua Fresca Recipe
- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup honey (raw is preferable)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lime, sliced
- Fresh mint
- Place half of the watermelon, water, honey and lime juice into a high powered blender (like this one I use).
- Blend until well juiced, then blend the other half.
- Some people recommend straining the mixture after this step, but with my blender, I don’t find that to be necessary. If you have a lower power blender, you may want to do that.
- Pour the mixture over ice in a large pitcher.
- Serve over ice garnished with a slice of lime and/or a sprig of mint.
- If you’re looking for a fresh cocktail idea, I find this recipe pairs well mixed with white wine. I don’t really drink hard alcohol, but I have also heard it works well mixed with vodka or tequila. This week, Albertson’s also has some great deals on white wine 😉