Fall is here, and the chill in the air is more than welcome after a long, hot summer. I've already been filling my kitchen with the scents of fall, so I thought I'd create another beauty recipe using those wonderful aromas in addition to the Pumpkin Spice Bath Bombs recipe I shared a couple weeks ago.
These Pumpkin Face Mask is wonderful for skin! If you haven't used pumpkin on your skin before, it's full of alpha hydroxy acids and fruit enzymes. These components boost cell turnover to smooth and brighten skin.
In addition, pumpkin contains Vitamin A and Vitamin C, both of which are antioxidants that help soothe and soften skin while boosting collagen production to stave off signs of aging.
Cinnamon is really great for acne and tightening up those pores. It also helps bring blood to the surface of the skin, giving it a plumper, more supple appearance.
If you have sensitive skin, use this Pumpkin Face Mask with caution. It can cause burning in some people with especially sensitive skin as these natural ingredients are powerful.
Want to approve the appearance of your skin? Give this Pumpkin Face Mask a try and let us know what you think!
How to Make a Pumpkin Face Mask to Brighten + Tighten Skin
(recipe good for 1 or 2 uses)
- Using a coffee grinder, grind the oats until they turn into a powder (this will make a little over ¼ cup).
- Combine pumpkin and ¼ cup of the oat powder you made (you may have some left over), and stir until well combined.
- Add the ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the honey and stir until it forms a paste.
- If the mask is too thick, you may add a little more honey, or a few drops of water to thin it out, mixing thoroughly after adding.
- Apply the pumpkin face mask to clean face with fingers or a brush, being sure to avoid your eyes, nostrils and mouth.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes. Start with a shorter duration if you have sensitive skin.
- Wipe off with a warm, damp washcloth.
- Rinse face.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
- If you would like to save any remaining face mask, store in the refrigerator in a sealed container and use within 24 hours.
Share how this Pumpkin Face Mask worked for you in the comments below.
Pin this Pumpkin Face Mask recipe to your DIY Beauty or Fall Board.