Last Updated on
The best natural beauty products can be expensive to purchase. Fortunately, this DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Face Toner is not only affordable, but has health benefits for skin too.
I love looking in my pantry for beauty products. If it’s safe enough to go in my mouth, it should be safe enough to go on your skin!
What we put on our skin really matters because it’s absorbed into your bloodstream pretty quickly. A really great way to understand that first hand is to do The Garlic Experiment. It’s crazy if you haven’t done it before!
One thing I have had stocked a plenty in my pantry for years is apple cider vinegar. There are so many amazing uses for it!
It was a critical part of my routine when I still had my malfunctioning gallbladder. It’s also great for all sorts of upset tummies and supporting your immune system.
When it comes to skin, the benefits apple cider vinegar are also impressive. It can help to balance the skin’s pH, break down excess oils and even skin tone.
If you suffer from acne, you’ll be interested in trying the apple cider vinegar toner. Since apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties, it can help to maintain clear skin.
I also included melaleuca essential oil (also known as tea tree oil) for its ability to soothe skin and combat blemishes. I also added peppermint essential oil because I like how invigorating it feels on a freshly cleaned face.
One of my favorite things about using this DIY apple cider vinegar toner is that it’s so much more affordable than buying a pre-made toner. I always have these ingredients and supplies on hand, so it’s almost free to make!
I like to make four ounces at once, but you could easily cut the recipe in half or double it and make gifts!
DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Face Toner
Ingredients and Supplies
- 3 ounces distilled water
- 1 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 5-10 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 5-10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4-ounce spray bottle (or two 2-ounce spray bottles; this bottle set is awesome because it has multiple sizes)
- Add all of the ingredients to your spray bottle(s) and shake to combine.
- Shake before each use.
- Lightly spray your apple cider vinegar toner evenly across your face after cleansing (try this Honey Tea Face Wash). Be sure to close your eyes when you spray.
- Apply your moisturizer (try this Frankincense Face Cream).