Are you searching for the best homemade Activated Charcoal Drawing Salve recipe? Learn how to make this DIY natural remedy to draw toxins and small splinters from the skin.
Poison ivy and oak. Stinging nettle. Bee stings. Bug bites. These are the things of childhood when your kids grow up surrounded by nature.
So how do you help your child feel better naturally when they encounter any of these issues? You clean the area well, then you use something to help draw the poison out.
This Activated Charcoal Healing Salve is useful for drawing toxins and impurities from your skin. While it draws out what you don’t want, it helps to heal and nourish your skin at the same time.
You can use it on anything that needs help having toxins drawn out like bug bites or stings, poison oak or ivy, stinging nettles or small splinters.. While all of the ingredients in this mixture are beneficial, charcoal is the star as it acts like a magnet, pulling out poisons from bugs as well as impurities in your skin that clog pores and cause acne.
Make some up ahead of time, so you’re prepared the next time your child (or you), gets stung by a bee, bitten by a bug or comes into contact with a poisonous plant like poison ivy, poison oak or stinging nettle.
Remember to always use pure essential oils in your DIY natural remedy projects. Your skin deserves the best, especially when it’s irritated. I use Rocky Mountain essential oils because they are affordable and high quality.
DIY Activated Charcoal Drawing Salve
- Add 2” of water to a small pan. Place beeswax pellets and coconut in a small jar and place it in pan, I like to use a 4 ounce mason jar that I store the salve in so it dirties one less container.
- Heat on low and stir frequently until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool until you can comfortably grab the jar.
- Stir in activated charcoal, bentonite clay and essential oils until well combined.
- Replace the lid and allow your mixture to cool completely until it thickens and firms up.
How to Use a Drawing Salve
- Rub a generous amount of the black salve on acne, bug bites, bee stings or small splinters. Allow it to sit overnight then wipe clean.