Are you searching for the best keto appetizer recipes you can bake in the oven? Our crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles are easy to make and so delicious.
I came up with this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe on accident, and it has become one of my family’s favorite ways to eat asparagus.
I discovered I had some asparagus that needed to be eaten and some bacon. I knew I could put the two ingredients together into something since asparagus is one of my favorite veggies and – let’s face it – everything is better with bacon!
This recipe works great as a main dish with rice or potatoes. It’s also a wonderful side dish or party appetizer too.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 1.5 pounds uncured bacon
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus (one big bundle)
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Prepare your baking dish with a rack in the bottom f it to keep the bacon wrapped asparagus raised so the grease can drain.
- Divide your asparagus into equal size bundles (2-4 pieces each) you have the same number of asparagus bundles as pieces of bacon.
- Wrap a single piece of bacon around each bundle leaving about ½-1" of the bottom and tops exposed. If you wrap the bacon just right you shouldn’t need to use toothpicks to secure it.
- Lay your bacon wrapped asparagus across the rack in the pan.
- Once they’re all wrapped, place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-40 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and the asparagus is tender. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the asparagus and the bacon.