Are you searching for the best keto appetizer recipes you can bake in the oven? Our crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles are easy to make and so delicious.
I really came up with this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe on accident, and it has become one of my family’s favorite ways to eat asparagus. Here’s the story…
One day several years ago, I took a whole chicken out of the freeze to defrost for dinner. Unfortunately it was still solid as a rock when it was time to prepare dinner, so I opened up my fridge to see what I had available for a last minute meal idea.
I discovered I had some asparagus that needed to be eaten and some bacon. I knew I could put the two ingredients together into something since asparagus is one of my favorite veggies and – let’s face it – everything is better with bacon!
I thought wrapping the asparagus in bacon would be a good way to get Kaylee to eat it since she loves bacon, but usually won’t eat asparagus. Zoë, on the other hand, loves asparagus.
Let me tell you – it worked! It got Kaylee to start eating asparagus regularly and she’ll even eat it without bacon now – success! This recipe works great as a main dish with rice or potatoes. It’s also a wonderful side dish or party appetizer too. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 1.5 pounds nitrate free bacon
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus (one big bundle)
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Prepare your baking dish with a rack in the bottom f it to keep the bacon wrapped asparagus raised so the grease can drain.
- Divide your asparagus into equal size bundles (2-4 pieces each) you have the same number of asparagus bundles as pieces of bacon.
- Wrap a single piece of bacon around each bundle leaving about ½-1" of the bottom and tops exposed. If you wrap the bacon just right you shouldn’t need to use toothpicks to secure it.
- Lay your bacon wrapped asparagus across the rack in the pan.
- Once they’re all wrapped, place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-40 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and the asparagus is tender. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the asparagus and the bacon.