Ready to make the best homemade lip scrub that will leave your lips silky smooth? Our easy DIY lip sugar scrub recipe works great and tastes amazing too!
Lip scrubs have become a more trendy beauty product the past few years and for good reason. Using a homemade lip scrub works really well to help keep your lips smooth and feeling good.
You can find lip scrubs in some higher end stores, but they cost quite a bit of money most of the time. And, many contain ingredients that you may not want to put on your lips if you are careful about the ingredients in your skincare products.
Making your own homemade lip scrub is a very easy task, too! It takes just a couple of natural ingredients you may already have on hand, and the addition of essential oils for flavor and scent. The great thing about adding the oils is that you are also getting the health benefits they offer as well.
Be sure your oils are pure ones, and don’t use the cheap, off-brand ones that may contain undisclosed additives and toxins. Cheap, unpure oils can hurt your skin and cause allergic reactions if you aren’t careful.
I used lemon and lime essential oils in this recipe, so it tastes good enough to eat! In fact, you truly COULD eat it if you wanted to. Don’t tell your kids or you might find them in your beauty stash for a snack!
Lemon oil is known for being a cleansing oil, and it helps your body to rid itself of toxins, and it can do the same for your lips. This homemade lip scrub will leave your lips feeling clean and fresh. Plus, the flavor is yummy!
The lime oil has similar properties in the cleansing department and also has an uplifting factor that helps lighten your mood and it tastes fantastic.
Ready to make your own homemade lip scrub that’s tasty? Here are the simple to follow directions.
The Best Homemade Lip Scrub for Smooth Lips
- First, get a small mixing bowl and a spoon or small whisk, and measure out your sugar into the bowl.
- Then, measure and add in the sweet almond oil. Whisk together well, making sure the sugar is all dampened by the oil. Get down in the lower edges of the bowl as that’s where the sugar likes to hide and stay dry.
- Now, add in your essential oils, being careful not to over-do the drops, as both oils are runny in consistency. Mix well.
- Make sure that your homemade lip scrub is damp, not too dry, or it won't stick like it should.
- Once you're happy with the consistency, transfer your homemade lip scrub into your containers using a small scraper or spoon. If it looks too dry at all, just add a tiny bit of almond oil over the top of it before closing the lid. It will run down and moisturize any dry sugar.
- If you’d like to make a label, I would suggest covering it with a piece of scotch tape, to keep it nice, unless you have waterproof labels of course.
- Dip one fingertip in the lip scrub and add to wet lips, covering your lips in the scrub lightly.
- Then rub your lips together softly, causing the scrub to start to break down and dissipate. Use your finger on the edges to work it in if you need to.
- Rinse your lips and then feel how nice they are!