Are you tired of overpaying for natural makeup and cosmetics? Learn how to make this easy DIY blush powder recipe with only two simple ingredients.
I don’t wear makeup often, but when I do I like to have great natural makeup on hand. The trouble is it tends to expire before I can use it up. And if you’ve shopped for natural makeup, including blush, you’ll know it’s not as affordable as the toxic stuff.
If you knew how easy and inexpensive it was to create your own perfect homemade blush shade, you probably wouldn’t buy it at the store again. And if you realized how harmful store bought makeup products can potentially be to your skin and body you likely would never buy them again for sure.
Saving money? Getting your perfect shade? Avoiding chemicals? Sign me up! Luckily, I have a super simple DIY Blush recipe for you to make that will have you in love with DIY makeup products from here on out!
We give suggestions for the bases as well as a variety of color options. Just blend the ingredients together until you get the a great organic blush if you choose all organic ingredients.
Best of all, this easy blush recipe is made with edible food ingredients unlike most mineral makeup options. You have to be careful with contamination in mineral makeup, so I like to offer safer options when I can.
If you want to be a safe natural blusher made without minerals, 100% Pure sells the best natural blush that I’ve tried.
How to Make Blush with Natural Ingredients
- Start with 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch or arrowroot powder, depending on how much blush you want to make. Add it to a small mixing bowl or directly to a food processor if you know you're going to have lumps that need to be smoothed out.
- Choose your shade from the list above (red/pink, brown or golden) and add one teaspoon at a time of one of the ingredients listed for the shade and stir well until you have the color you prefer. Test it on the back of your hand to get the right shade for your face.
- If it's lumpy at all, you'll want to run it through a blender or food processor.
- Place it into a small container with a lid. Something like a 4 ounce mason jar works great.
Where and How to Apply Blush
- Apply your DIY Natural Blush with a big soft makeup brush across the apple of your check upwards.