Learn how to make Instant Pot Artichokes that literally melt in your mouth in this easy pressure cooker recipe.
Artichokes are one of my favorite vegetables, without a doubt When I first started making artichokes, I would steam them. Now that the girls are older, though, I can’t fit 4 whole artichokes in my steamer. So, I started making garlic roasted artichokes.
While they’re quite tasty, they take a long time to cook and sometimes come out a bit dry if they’re cooked too long. It’s a delicate balance for sure!
When I got my first Instant Pot, I started making artichokes in it. It’s the best way to make them – the artichokes literally melt in your mouth!
I still can’t get over how much better artichokes taste when they’re cooked in the Instant Pot than they do from any other method I’ve tried. And it’s easy. So easy my kids can make them!
If you’re looking for the fastest way to cook artichokes, you have to try making them in your Instant Pot. You’ll thank me!
Instant Pot Artichokes Recipe
- Wash, then slice your artichokes in half length-wise.
- Scoop the hairy insides out of each artichoke half and discard them. Cut the sharp tips off of the artichoke leaves, then rinse the halves.
- Place a steamer insert into your Instant Pot, add the water, then arrange the artichokes on the steamer. Spray the artichoke halves with extra virgin olive oil If you like a tangy flavor, you can spray or sprinkle freshly squeezed lemon juice over them as well.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, set the valve to Sealing, then set it on manual high pressure for 25 minutes. Once the cooking is done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Serve the artichokes with your favorite dip, like garlic infused butter or mayonnaise. They're great alone too!