Do you have acne scars you wish would heal for good? Learn how to make a natural acne scar lightener with a few staple pantry ingredients.
The teenage years can be rough, for any number of reasons. The hormonal changes, school, cliques, family and, well, life.
Everything is dramatic for teenage girls (and that's okay!), so having to go to school with a fresh pimple on your face is a girl's worst nightmare. That is until it heals and you realize an acne scar was left in its place.
There was nothing worse I could have imagined for myself as a teenage girl than having a scar on my face. Looking back, that feels vain for me, but it's real life.
Fortunately, there are plenty of natural products on the market for lightening up acne scars. You can buy an acne scar lightening product or you can make your own with four ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
If you have dry skin or touchy skin, I don't recommend using this treatment every day. Instead, it is probably better to use this recipe every other day.
All Natural Acne Scar Lightener Tutorial
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (local preferred)
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
- 5 drops vitamin C serum (optional)
- Add all of your ingredients to a medium glass mixing bowl. You'll want do this slowly, because when you add the vinegar to the bowl it will fizz up and expand in the bowl (kind of like soda does when your pour it into a cup so please be aware so you don't end up with a huge mess!).
- Once the fizzing has died down, you can stir the ingredients slowly until they're well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on your face and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a warm wash cloth to wipe it off completely.
- Follow up with your normal natural beauty routine.