This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love easy to make breakfasts. Putting together a breakfast casserole is great because you can put everything together the night before and just bake it in the morning. That's great for weekdays or weekends when you're a busy family.
My family has a bit of love for cheese, so it gets added to a lot of our recipes. Cheese just goes so well in casseroles! While I typically go for block cheese, I love the convenience of sliced cheese for quick casseroles like this breakfast casserole.
Did you know that Crystal Farms has been around since 1926? Today they're one of the largest cheese brands in the country. They are currently based in Lake Mills, Wisconsin, where they've been based for the last 25 years. The Crystal Farms team is dedicated to delivering consistent quality and great tasting products for what they love – cheese.
Crystal Farms cheese products are:
- Natural and have few preservatives
- A rich source of calcium
- Safe for those who are lactose intolerant
Learn more by checking out Crystal Farms on Facebook and Crystal Farms on Pinterest.
That's why I featured them in this breakfast casserole recipe. We eat a lot of bacon, so I wanted to switch it up and use sausage this time. We've also been getting a boatload of kale in our CSA box, so I'm always looking for ways to sneak it into yummy dishes.
This breakfast casserole recipe was a huge hit with everyone in the house. Everyone cleared their plates AND got seconds. Now that's saying something! The kale went perfectly with the sausage, and no spices were needed with the flavor that came from the sausage. And cheese always adds that extra special touch.
If you're been searching for a breakfast casserole recipe the whole family will love, give this sausage, kale and cheese casserole recipe a try.
Breakfast Casserole: Sausage, Kale and CheesePrint
Are you looking for a breakfast casserole recipe that is both easy to make and delicious? Then my sausage, kale and cheese casserole is here to delight! It's a hit with kids of all ages.
- 1 pound nitrate-free sausage
- 1 cup chopped organic onion
- 4 cups chopped organic kale
- 10 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 slices Crystal Farms Marble Jack Cheese
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until it's browned.
- All the onion and continue cooking until the onions are translucent.
- Add the kale and cook until it has been greatly reduced.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan that has been sprayed with avocado oil spray. I used a 9×12 baking pan, but you can use a smaller pan. It will probably just take longer to cook.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy whipping cream together, then pour the egg mixture over the sausage, onion and kale mixture.
- Layer the top with slices of the Crystal Farms Marble Jack.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Enter the Le Creuset Casserole Dish Giveaway
Need the perfect dish to bake your breakfast casserole in? Crystal Farms is giving one of my readers a Le Creuset casserole dish as a thank you. The blue Le Creuset casserole dish a 10.5”x7” pan valued at $50. For your chance to win, enter via the form below. This giveaway runs through September 1, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST. Good luck! a Rafflecopter giveaway
For more recipes featuring Crystal Farms cheese, check out Crystal Farms favorites.