Last Updated on
School is back in session. That means our family faces lots of seasonal threats that we want to protect against. Respiratory challenges are typically abound in fall and winter around these parts, so I’m preparing to protect against the seasonal threats naturally. One of the ways we’ll be doing that is with these Breathe Easy Vapor Shower Melts.
Taking a warm shower on its own is a great way to open up your sinuses and help you breathe easy. However, by dispersing essential oils into the steam, you can open up your airways even further. It feels so great to breathe in the vapors from these cute shower melts.
If you prefer to use an essential oil blend rather than multiple single oils, you can choose Respir-Aid for Adults and Sniffle Stopper for kids. If you don’t already have a stash of oils, blends can be a more affordable way to go.
If someone in your family needs extra respiratory support this fall or winter, give these Breathe Easy Vapor Shower Melts a try. You can make them ahead of time so you can have them on hand when you need them.
DIY Breathe Easy Vapor Shower Melts
DIY Breathe Easy Vapor Shower FlowersPrint
- 2 cups baking soda
- ½ cup water more or less – your goal is to mix until you make a paste
- 1 tablespoon of non-GMO corn starch
- Therapeutic Grade Lavender Essential Oil
- Therapeutic Grade Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Therapeutic Grade Peppermint Essential Oil
- In a small bowl, add baking soda then slowly mix in water until it becomes just a tad more liquid than a paste.
- Add the cornstarch and mix until well combined.
- Pour into your desired molds. I prefer silicone molds because it's easier to remove them without breaking them.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Allow to cool and remove from pan.
- Add 2 drops of Lavender, Peppermint and Eucalyptus onto each flower and allow the oils to soak in. Store in mason jars or a plastic container to keep dry.
- To use the breathe easy shower flowers, simply drop one into the bottom of your shower when needed and allow the vapors to permeate the steam. These help with all types of respiratory challenges