Are you gluten free and missing desserts? These Flourless Gluten Free Chocolate Mint Muffins are the perfect solution for getting your chocolate fix.
I have a weakness for not only chocolate, but chocolate mint desserts. So I have to say, I love these Gluten Free Chocolate Mint Muffins.
They have the perfect amount of sweetness and freshness at the same time. And the mini muffin size means you can have a small treat without overindulging.
You can try orange, extra vanilla or almond extract instead of peppermint for variety. Or any extract that you love pairing with chocolate.
Flourless Gluten Free Chocolate Mint Muffins
- ½ cup white chocolate If you want a more intense flavor, you can also use bittersweet dark chocolate instead and it comes out really yummy too!
- ½ stick butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or your favorite extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon ground coffee
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, then line your mini muffin tins with cups or coat with oil.
- Chop your chocolate and melt it in a double boiler, stirring constantly.
- Add your butter to the melted chocolate, whisking constantly and making sure there are no lumps left. Transfer this mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs to the mixing bowl slowly, whisking as you go until it is well blended with the chocolate and butter mixture.
- The coffee adds a pop of flavor to these but it’s not overpowering and it enhances the chocolate flavor. So go ahead and add in your coffee, vanilla and peppermint extract. Mix well.
- Now you need to sift the cocoa powder. It will go into the rest of the ingredients, so sift it right over the mixing bowl.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth.
- Now, add your batter to the muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake until gems have risen, about 12-15 minutes. They will puff up some and then go flatter after they cool, and this is normal.
- Test with toothpick but do note that because they are flourless, they will still have some wet batter, you just don’t want a lot on there.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and dust the tops with the powdered sugar while warm.