There’s a lot of debate about whether organic is better or not. We choose organic for our family and use the dirty dozen and clean 15 as a starting point to help us make healthier shopping decisions. When talking with people about going green, I’m often asked for simple tips on how to get started. […]
As a mom, making a house into a home is what we do. This area has every tip and hack I can think of (and I’m still adding more) that a mom can use around her home.
- Balms & Salves – There are tons of DIY balms and salves for pretty much every occasion. From tension headache balms to sunburn salves, you’ll find an amazing amount of information here.
- Cleaning Tips – As a mom, cleaning is what we do. And here are my best DIY cleaning recipes and tips from over the years.
- Gardening Tips – From regrowing sprouted onions to raising backyard chickens, there are tons of fabulous practical gardening hacks you can implement right now.
- Green Living – How to live more eco-friendly, reduce waste, eliminate plastic.
- Home Hacks – You will learn so much in this one small section of the blog. Tips and hacks for the home that everyone can use.
- Home Remedies – Recipes and tips for managing common ailments.
- Kitchen Tips – Every kitchen hack I could think of is on this list.
The 5 most popular Homemaking Posts on Happy Mothering are:
Swiffer makes cleaning floors so easy and convenient, but it’s terrible for the environment. Learn about one reusable alternative to Swiffers! I preach living a toxin-free lifestyle, so every time I whipped out my Swiffer to clean the floors, a pang of guilt would engulf me. Not only was I coating my floors in chemicals, […]
What do you do with leftover styrofoam packing peanuts? Learn our tips for recycling and reusing styrofoam packing peanuts in ways that are better for the Earth. There aren’t a lot of shopping options where we live, so I do the majority of my shopping online. I end up with a lot of Styrofoam packing […]
If you’re like most people, every time you trek out to your mailbox, it’s crammed full of a bunch of junk mail and credit card applications—which inevitably end up in the trash (or recycling bin) after taking up precious counter space. It’s a waste of time, and it’s not good for the environment. Stop Junk […]
Have you considered hang drying your laundry? While there are many pros for the earth and your family, there are also cons to consider! Get the lowdown on this eco-friendly practice to decide if it’s right for you! When we lived in Uruguay, we had a washing machine but no clothes dryer in our apartment. […]