Last Updated on
Mexican Food is a staple in our household. We eat it multiple times a month and the entire family loves it. Everything from tacos to burritos to enchiladas to tamales – it all has a place on our dinner plates.
Typically, when I made burrito bowls, I just make white rice in my Instant Pot. I decided we needed a more flavorful rice when we make Mexican food, so I came up with this Instant Pot Spanish Rice recipe.
While it tastes best when you saute the green onions and minced garlic first, you can just toss everything in the Instant Pot and cook it if you’re in a hurry. It still turns out great that way.
Instant Pot Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup chopped organic tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed organic cilantro, plus more for garnish
- ½ small jalapeno or serrano pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the Saute mode, and heat the pan up, then add the avocado oil to the pan.
- Saute the sliced green onions and minced garlic in the avocado oil in the Instant Pot on Saute mode for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Set your Instant Pot to Multi-grain mode for 10 minutes.
- Use natural pressure release, then fluff the Spanish Rice.
- When you serve the Spanish Rice, garnish with additional chopped cilantro.