Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for rice when you’re avoiding grains. I go through phases where I avoid grains for one reason or another. Often it’s at the beginning of spring when the Farmer’s Market opens and I want to enjoy all of the wonderful produce I’ve been missing all winter.
It’s spring now, and we’re about to embark on a month-long family cleanse by eating a vegetarian diet. I often try to minimize grains during these times as well. I have discovered some tricks along to way to reduce the cravings everyone seems to have for grains during these times – one of those ways is to make Cauliflower Rice.
My entire family has a preference for Mexican food. I grew up in San Diego – it’s where I met my husband and also where our oldest daughter was born. Mexican food is ingrained in the San Diego culture, and it will forever be ingrained in our lives. It seems I can get my family to eat just about anything if it’s made Mexican style, which is why I made this Spanish Style Cauliflower Rice Recipe.
Spanish Style Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Have you discovered cauliflower rice yet? It’s a great alternative to grains, and tastes delicious when prepared with Spanish flavors.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it has a rice-like consistency.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in 1-2 teaspoons olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook until it’s slightly browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, lime juice and spices.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off heat, then fold in cilantro.
What’s your favorite way to prepare Cauliflower Rice?