This Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins recipe is sponsored by Success®. Learn how to make this easy and delicious grab and go breakfast for your family.
I like to have plenty of grab and go breakfast options so we aren’t scrambling in the mornings. We make a variety of egg cups like these basic egg cups or these mushroom and spinach egg cups. We also like to make blueberry baked oatmeal and we’ve started making these Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins too!
I love the texture that quinoa gives to breakfast muffins, cookies and bars. If you haven’t tried it, you should! It’s both unique and delicious.
In this recipe, we used Success® Tri Color Quinoa. It’s a fun blend of white, red and black quinoa that comes in BPA-free, boil-in-bags, so it’s easy to make when you’re as busy as we are. It only takes 10 minutes to cook and cleans up quickly since there’s nothing left to stick to the pan.
I love how light and fluffy it is after cooking. It has a nice, nutty flavor, making it a great choice for breakfast muffins, cookies and bars. It’s also great as a side dish or added to main dishes. You can find some more great recipes here.
However, I think you should start with my Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins recipe! It’s super hearty and delicious, making it a great grab and go breakfast choice for kids and adults alike. They even make a great snack.
Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins Perfect for Busy Mornings
- Boil your Success® Tri Color Quinoa bag in 4 cups water for 10 minutes, then take out, drain, and pour into small bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond and all purpose flours, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and 1 cup of the cooked quinoa.
- Fold in the yogurt, applesauce, diced apples and honey.
- Pour your apple quinoa breakfast muffins batter into a muffin tin lined with silicone or paper muffin cups, filling ⅔ full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- When your breakfast muffins are done, sprinkle with brown sugar and serve warm.