Are you looking for a good Swiss Chard recipe to use up this beautiful leafy green vegetable that our CSAs love to share with us this time of year?
I love getting our produce through a CSA. There’s nothing like fresh, local, organic produce! Plus CSAs are a great way to save money on organic produce while supporting your local economy. When we first joined a CSA, it was really fun exploring the different types of vegetables I hadn’t eaten before. One of those vegetables was Swiss Chard, so I have been on the hunt for a good Swiss Chard recipe ever since.
Sauteeing Swiss Chard along with other greens is a nice way to enjoy it as a side since it’s packed full of nutrition. And I have made some amazing creamy Swiss Chard recipes as well. However, now that I’m trying to stay dairy free again and I’m also trying to keep to a low carb diet, I have been looking for new ways to enjoy Swiss Chard.
This Swiss Chard recipe is very simple to make, and it’s a great way to use up the bounty of summer produce that we’re getting from our CSA every week. Give it a try this week and let me know what you think!
Low Carb Chicken and Swiss Chard Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 organic red bell pepper
- 1 fresh organic zucchini
- 1 organic yellow squash
- 1 yellow onion
- 8 leaves of fresh Swiss Chard
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Avocado oil
- Slice the chicken breast and set aside.
- Wash, prepare and slice the vegetables, then set aside.
- Add a small amount of avocado oil in a wok and heat it on medium heat.
- Cook the chicken until it's lightly browned (10-15 minutes).
- Toss in the red bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash and yellow onion, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Swiss Chard and cook only until it begins to wilt.
- Sprinkle seas salt and pepper over your meal.
- Remove from wok and serve while hot.