I love making homemade snacks for my family, and I love even more when I can sneak in some extra nutritious ingredients like Spirulina. I thought my snack bars recipe would be the perfect recipe to modify to include spirulina.
If you aren’t adding spirulina into your diet yet, you should! Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that has been consumed for thousands of years because of its great nutritional profile.
This Tropical Snack Bars recipe has the perfect level of sweetness and it’s chock full of good nutrition. Give the recipe a try with your family and let me know what you think!
Tropical Snack Bars with Pineapple, Macadamia and Spirulina
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until everything forms a paste. You'll probably need to scrape the sides of the blender a few times to get a paste to form.
- Scoop the paste out onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or cutting board.
- Flatten and shape the snack bar paste into a square or rectangle and cover with more parchment paper or plastic wrap. You can use a rolling pin to get the paste flat and smooth
- Refrigerate your snack bar paste for at least 2 hours or until the paste is cold and firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 16 small pieces (or 8 larger pieces).
- Place a small piece of parchment paper in between each snack bar and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Your Tropical Energy Bars are best if eaten within a week.