Do you love homemade beauty products that are are nourishing & invigorating? These Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars leave your skin silky smooth & face smiling!
You’ve come to learn how to make those beautiful peppermint sugar scrub bars, right? Then you’re in the right place! I’ll show you how to make them in just a minute, but I wanted to share a few things with you first.
When I first started making my own DIY beauty products, I had a lot to learn. I made lots of mistakes and lots of my “experiments” ended up in the trash. Just ask my kids – they’ll tell you all about Mommy’s mishaps!
Making mistakes is frustrating.
Mistakes can get pretty expensive too! I don’t want you to make the same mistakes I made, so that’s why I’m sharing my experience and my recipes with you.
By following my recipes, you’ll be able to avoid so many rookie mistakes! I’ll share all of my DIY beauty recipes with you so you can look like a pro from day one!
Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars with you. These bars are unique and beautiful – people LOVE getting them as gifts!
They’re great for Mother’s Day, Christmas and pretty much any gift-giving occasion. Best of all, they’ll leave your skin feeling silky smooth after your next shower.
And if peppermint isn’t your thing, no problem. Just grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products – totally based on your skin type and preferences!
I even created a free printable label for you too! It will make gift giving so easy. You’ll find it after the recipe.
Here’s the easy recipe you need. I hope you have fun creating!
Ready to whip up your first batch of Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars? Let’s get started.
DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup melt and pour soap
- 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 cup organic sugar
- Red Mica colorant (optional)
- Double boiler
- Silicone mold
- In a double boiler, melt your soap. If you do not have a double boiler, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Mix in your coconut oil until combined and add your peppermint essential oil.
- Separate into two separate bowls, adding your mica into one bowl and mix until color is even throughout.
- Add ½ cup of sugar to each bowl, doing one bowl at a time. Mix until well combined. You are looking for a slushy like consistency.
- Pour into your silicone mold and allow to dry for 1-2 hours before unmolding. If your sugar and soap mixture gets too thick, microwave on 10 second bursts until you are able to pour.
Your gorgeous sugar scrub bars deserve a label, right??
Labeling Your Sugar Scrub Bars
If you’re giving these peppermint sugar scrub bars out as gifts, you’ll want to adorn them with cute labels!
You can download them in a PDF or JPG format to use – there are 6 to a sheet.
You’ll want to get some Full Page Sticker Sheets to print them on! Then you just have to cut them out and stick them on your jars!